With Valentine’s Day looming, I decided that I better get myself in gear! We love picking out Valentines to exchange with our friends each year. The kids get so excited to participate in our homeschool groups annual Valentine’s Day party. As each of my kids grow old enough to exchange their own Valentines, our list of Valentines to prepare becomes, well…..rather large. This year? 92 Valentines. Oy. I’m sure there are a few of you who will be preparing more than that? If so, may I offer my condolences.
All that said, I had just two tiny criteria for our Valentines this year:
- They must be candy-free. I don’t object to my kids eating a little candy. But there will be enough candy as it is, so I decided to go the healthy route this year. Please don’t take that as being more virtuous than it is. 5 children plus sugar? It’s really just self-preservation:-) Plus, it’s a lot easier with food allergies to have one less thing to worry about!
- Next, and more importantly, they must be easy to make. Because, well, there will be 92 of them!
So, in no particular order, here are the Valentines that we have chosen to create.
- You’re My Main Squeeze by Funky Polkadot Giraffe.
- Jesus is the Light of the World by Not Consumed
- Sip Sip Hooray by Kinzie’s Kreations
- I “Wheelie” Like You Valentine found on C.R.A.F.T.
I’m happy to have these cute Valentines all picked out. Now the creating can begin! How about you? Do you have Valentines chosen? Or more than 92 to make!? I think I know what we’ll be dong this weekend:-)
Oh! If you need a pick-me-up during all of your Valentine preparations….a little chocolate never hurt!