I’ve seen variations of these little chocolate-dipped pretzel wonders around. Hello, Pinterest? I knew they could be easily adapted into a treat my whole family could enjoy. My boys and I had a great time making them. They loved rolling the little dough balls. The chocolate dipping was lots of finger licking fun too:-) What a fun allergy-friendly little treat!
These are gluten, dairy, and nut-free. YES! Love that. We used Sunbutter, Glutino pretzels and Kirkland chocolate chips. Did you know that Costco’s Kirkland brand chocolate chips are dairy-free? Because everyone should have bulk chocolate chips in their pantry;-) I hope you enjoy making (and eating!) these as much as we did!
- 1 cup sunflower seed butter (or any nut butter if safe)
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free butter substitute (we used Earth Balance)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 60 pretzels
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil. Mix together the sunflower seed butter, earth balance, powdered sugar, and brown sugar until well blended.
- Roll dough into 30 small balls. If it is too sticky, add a bit more powdered sugar.
- Sandwich balls between two pretzels and place on prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 20-30 minutes.
- In a small microwave safe dish, heat the chocolate chips and coconut oil at 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals until melted.
- Dip the chilled pretzel bites halfway into the melted chocolate and place back on baking sheet. Refrigerate the dipped bites for at least 10 minutes for chocolate to set. Pretzel bites are fresh up to 10 days, stored in the refrigerator.
adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction