Hi there! How was your week? You are probably gearing up/getting started on the holiday weekend. We don’t have any huge weekend plans other than some family over on Monday. It looks like it may be a little rainy for us through the weekend so my menu for Monday reflects that.
- Plain greek yogurt (mixed with the following: stevia – my favorite drops, frozen fruit, and sometimes granola.)
- Oatmeal (with honey or maple syrup, cinnamon, and fruit)
- Cold cereal (oatmeal or yogurt for mom)
- Pancakes (x2) I have been testing new recipes! This one is good too!
- Pulled pork with this unbelievable mustard sauce. We made the pulled pork and mustard barbecue sauce last week and they were so good we are making them again on Memorial Day. I am also in charge of dessert. I’m hoping we can do a big s’more bar. My personal favorite way to have a s’more? A nice toasty marshmallow sandwiched between 2 chewy chocolate chip cookies. Mmmmm. Now THAT is the way to eat a s’more, in my ever so humble opinion. If it is rainy I am tempted to make these S’mores Fudge Bars. These bars are certainly not real-foodie of me so I apologize to you die-hards;-) They also have egg and wheat so I would need to grab a little treat for my boys. They love sorbet:-)
- BLT Bowl. I have an aversion to uncooked tomatoes. Sad, but true. Even if I skip the tomatoes, this salad looks absolutely mouth-watering!
- Grilled honey mustard chicken. I had this chicken by Simply Scratch on my 10 Mouth-Watering Recipes for the Grill post. It looks delicious!
- Pulled-pork tacos. This is a great way to use up those pulled pork leftovers. Actually, I plan to purposefully make enough so we can use it for a second meal. Delicious and efficient!
- Coconut Yogurt Waffles. It’s been forever since we’ve had waffles, and I don’t know if I’ve ever had much success with a gluten-free version. Every recipe I’ve tried from Minimalist Baker has been wonderful so I’m confident these will be delicious!
Have a wonderful weekend!