This week is going to be just a little bit different. I am in survival mode. Partly because of the events of last week, and partly because spring is a very busy time for our family. We have a new batch of piglets coming in the next few weeks and have also decided to add chickens and ducks to the mix. My husband is scrambling to update/build homes for our new residents and I am trying to finish up our school year. As well as a zillion other little things thrown in.
I have been feeling a lot of fatigue, I don’t know if it is the miscarriage or just the fact that I have gotten a little behind on sleep but this week is going to be a “just get by” week in the meal department. That said, I don’t like to resort to take-out. That is not good for our budget or our health! Soooo….I have decided that this week is now survival week meal plan!!
I took a couple of minutes to think up our easiest meals…and rounded up a few new ones just so we don’t get bored;-) Also, I am still doing the 21-Day Fix so I tried to pick foods that I could adapt for that.
I am also hoping to spend some time on Sunday prepping for the week. That really helps me out and pays off big when I find time to do it.
- Greek yogurt w/ fruit. (x2)
- Steel-Cut Oatmeal.
- Banana Wraps. ( I have been eating these a lot for lunches lately!)
- Spaghetti. – This is a perfect one to prep ahead. Just brown up some beef over the weekend and add your favorite sauce. Now all that’s left is cooking the pasta!
- Turkey Wraps with Apples and Brie. I may sub out the cheese on these since the kids and I are not big brie fans, however these look delicious and easy!
- Pulled Pork. It doesn’t get any easier than the slow cooker! If I have time I may splurge on this Carolina Mustard Barbecue Sauce. I really want to try it.
- Sandwiches. Yup. When I need a little to no prep week we roll out the sandwich fixings. Actually, aside from tacos, it is one of the few meals the whole familyloves!
- Strawberry Poppyseed Bacon Chopped Salad. Hello! I just know this salad is going to put a little more spring in my step this week:-)
See? These are all super quick meals and I feel awesome knowing I have a plan. I hope this will help you get a meal plan going for your week!