When I made this Oatmeal Cookie Blueberry Crisp a few weeks ago, my wheels started turning. It was such a fun dessert that I knew there would be other delicious variations as well! I finally settled on raspberries paired with sugar cookies! It did not disappoint.
I love raspberries. I can’t wait until our raspberry plants start producing. Until then, I use frozen! It works great and it is much more economical than buying those tiny, overpriced cartons at the grocery store.
Sugar cookies are the perfect topping to this yummy raspberry filling! I made an allergy-friendly version (wheat-free, egg-free) but feel free to sub in your favorite traditional recipe if you like. This one would be delicious!
This would be such a fun addition to your dessert line-up this weekend!
- 1¼ cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, soft
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 cups raspberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the raspberries, cornstarch, and sugar.
- Let cook, stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes or until thick and bubbly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl or stand mixer, mix together sugar, butter, milk, and vanilla.
- Whisk together gluten-free flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir into butter mixture.
- Pour raspberry filling into a shallow baking dish. Mine was about 8x11.
- Roll cookie dough into balls, about 1½ inches big. Flatten slightly and place on top of raspberry filling.
- Bake for 20 minutes, covering partway through with foil if cookies start to brown too much.
For more fun fruity desserts, check out this Pinterest board!