You have a lot to do! There is last minute shopping to be done. Presents to wrap. Maybe a little more baking? This is not the time for elaborate meals. That will be coming soon enough. Right now, you need quick and easy. Bonus points if the kids like it too. I totally get it, and I have got you covered!
This meal is super easy. The taco meat in this recipe is pretty basic, but oh-so delicious. PLUS, it makes a ton. Why? So you can eat some now, and freeze some for later when you need a quick meal. Genius! If I don’t say so myself….
The topping ideas for these taco bowls are endless. Lettuce, tomatoes, diced onion, black beans, refried beans, corn, sour cream, shredded cheese, salsa, avocado. Just pick up whatever your family likes and have a create-your-own-taco-bowl night! No need to regret getting take-out, and you’ll be back to wrapping presents in no time!
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce + ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- a pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, brown beef until no longer pink.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- That's it!
- Serve over corn chips with any (or all!) if the following toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, diced onion, black beans, refried beans, corn, sour cream, shredded cheese, salsa, avocado.