Since I began my first round through the 21-Day Fix, there is one thing I have eaten every single day. Usually for breakfast, though it is great any time of the day. What is it? A yogurt bowl, of course. This is a whole new and exciting way to eat yogurt! You might think the ingredients in this yogurt concoction are pretty run-of-the-mill. They are, I suppose. Just yogurt, fruit, and cereal. Oh, and pure maple syrup…a must! Yet, when you combine all of those ingredients, it is magic!
Especially when you pick your ingredients carefully. Here is what you’ll need:
- The yogurt. I use greek yogurt. Full-fat. I tried full-fat accidentally one time and I have not looked back. Theoretically, I suppose you’d think that non-fat would be better for the perfect healthy breakfast. I disagree. This is a healthy way to get a little fat, say, compared to a giant doughnut. Plus, since I only use 2/3 of a cup, it still keeps this breakfast in a healthy calorie range, even on the 21-Day Fix.
- The fruit. Pick your favorite! I like to switch it up. Here, I had nectarine and blackberries. Yum! I also like red grapes, strawberries, blueberries, banana, etc.
- The cereal. Better known as the crunch! I love topping my yogurt bowl with some crunch. It’s a texture thing. Creamy, fruity, crunchy. It just never gets old! I love Kashi on mine. For a gluten-free version, try Qi’a. It’s not as crunchy, but deliciously healthy! I’ve even had Honey-Nut Cheerios on mine 🙂
- Maple Syrup. Last, but most certainly not least. I like to use just a drizzle of maple syrup to sweeten the deal even more. I buy plain yogurt, so that little bit of sweetness makes it just perfect. I’ve always had a sweet tooth;-) I suppose one could use honey instead, but I’ve always been partial to maple syrup.
- ⅔ cup greek yogurt - I love plain, traditional yogurt from The Greek Gods.
- ½ cup sliced fruit - pick your favorite combination!
- ⅓ cup cereal.
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- Get our your favorite bowl.
- The yogurt comes first.
- Next, a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Add fruit.
- Then, the cereal.
- Enjoy a perfect yogurt bowl!
Craving more healthiness? Check out my Healthy Eating/21-Day Fix Pinterest Board!
What is your favorite yogurt? Am I the only one not on the non-fat yogurt bandwagon?