What a great week! We are finally nearing the end of some “spring projects” we have been working on and it feels good! If I haven’t mentioned before, we got chickens and ducks this spring. The thing is….the cute little things arrived before their permanent homes were ready. So they have been living in the garage, with forays out into the yard during the day. Let me tell you something about chickens and ducks. They are adorable. Well, you probably knew that. But, did you also know that they smell. And by smell, I mean SMELL. I’m talking…this smell could knock you right over, I don’t know if the garage-will-ever-recover kind of smell. (I’m suddenly questioning the wisdom of telling you about our smelly animals in my meal planning post. Sorry about that.)
Long story short, the duck “palace” is done. This is my husband’s term for the duck house, isn’t that funny? The chicken coop is almost done. We had to recruit a little outside help on that one.
All of this to say, we are almost through with our spring projects and now we can relax! Ha. Ha, ha.
Moral of the story: life is busy…meal planning rocks. And poultry smells.
- Smoothies and Energy Bites. We didn’t make these last week and they were missed.
- Toast with Sunbutter. Orange juice (fast fact: we don’t buy juice that much so this will be a treat).
- Cold Cereal
- Yogurt Bowls. Of course.
- Turkey Bacon Wraps – sliced turkey, bacon, mayo, and a little tomato of you like. Wrapped in a large lettuce leaf. These are so easy and surprisingly good!
- Rainbow Chicken Salad with Almond Honey Mustard Dressing. One of my all-time faves!
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Honey Pulled Pork – I love the ease of pulled pork. This recipe looks like a fun one to try.
- Chicken Fajitas – always a winner!
- Sandwich Night – I’ve been wanting to try this Easy French Bread. Plus cold cuts, lettuce, veggies, and fruit.
For more quick, easy and healthy (mostly!) meal ideas, follow me on Pinterest!