Hello! It’s that time again. Time to spend a few minutes figuring out the meal plan! I’ll be honest. July is so busy that I just feel like winging it. However, I know that would come back to bite me. In the long run, having a meal plan saves time, money, and stress! So, here we are:-)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Breakfast Shake. Can I feed my kids chocolate for breakfast? It says it’s a breakfast shake, so I guess so! We’ll use almond butter in lieu of peanut butter. So my kids can continue to breathe and all.
- Can I just take a moment to tell you that my children have rebelled against oatmeal? All but one (he is my current favorite). They cannot be my offspring. So, I’m making baked oatmeal, as a bribe. Because who doesn’t like that?!
- Maple Coconut Energy Bites – a fan favorite (and by that I mean my kids’ favorite).
- Toast w/ Sunbutter, fruit.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins. Oh! I can’t wait to try these. I wonder how they freeze. I need to find more filling, protein-rich breakfasts for my kids. So they’re not hungry again by 9:30! Obviously we’ll be subbing out the peanut butter with almond butter. Anyway, I love Minimalist Baker!
- Spicy Brazilian Burrito Bowls – I wanted to make these the second I saw them! There are multiple steps to this recipe, though they are not too involved. Hopefully I pull it off when the 5:00 o’ clock, I-have-5-children-with-dropping-blood-sugar-hour rolls around. Because Mama wants to eat this!
- Peach & Raspberry Chicken Salad with Peach Vinaigrette. A new salad! Did you see me pin this one? I can’t wait to try it!
- Taco Night. Simple, easy, family favorite.
- Grilled chicken, peppers (quarter, toss with a little balsamic vinegar & olive oil, then grill!) and cinnamon applesauce…in the slow cooker.
- Gluten Free Spaghetti with Simple Meat Sauce. I love how this sauce incorporates extra veggies!
Well, that wasn’t so bad! As always, I feel so much better:-) I love how throwing a plan together makes it so easy to write my grocery list. Not to mention, now we get to eat yummy food this week.
What is your biggest hindrance to meal planning? Mine is sheer laziness. 😉