It is Friday afternoon and I am just now sitting down to whip up my meal plan. Usually I try to be a little more ahead of the game. But that’s life, right? Let’s see. What happened this week? We lost teeth. Four to be exact, between two of my kiddos. Only one had to be pulled, so that’s good. Oh! I know your concerned about my stinky garage, so you’ll be glad to know that it is smelling MUCH better! Thanks to the chickens moving out, and the use of a power washer. Whew. That’s a relief.
I am failing miserably at the 21-Day fix. Well, that is a bit dramatic. I’m still eating (mostly) healthy, but not following the plan carefully so I have not lost any more weight. I will get back my mojo one of these days! For now, I am just happy to have found something that I know works.
I’m not exercising right now, which makes me feel less motivated overall. As soon as I have surgery on this pesky hernia, I’m going to get back at it!! Yup, a hernia. Aren’t those just for geriatric men? Well, apparently not. They are also for 30-something mamas of five. Hmmmph.
Oh, oh! One more thing! I got my Amazon subscribe and save order today. There is something about getting 10 pounds of Sunbutter in the mail that makes me feel like a kid in a candy store.
Ok. Let’s eat!
- Toast with Sunbutter (shocking, right?) and fruit.
- Oatmeal – I’m going to double my Maple Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal recipe this week.
- Yogurt Bowls (x2) – always.
- Pancakes – still testing recipes until they’re perfect!
- One Pan Sausage Pasta. We haven’t had this in awhile!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki. I’ve had variations of this before, but I don’t remember if I’ve ever tried this particular recipe. It looks yummy!
- Cheese, Black Beans, and Corn-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Avocado Crema. Jury’s still out on how my kids will feel about these, but I am pumped!
- Blackberry Honey Walnut Salad. We’ve had this on our menu before, but I’ve never actually made it! The kids ate all the blackberries last time before I got to the salad. This week. It’s happening!!
- Chili Lime Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Salsa. Is this not the most beautiful taco you have ever seen? This is my kind of food! Honestly, I may not get to this one this week. We have a super busy week coming up, so this may turn into a sandwich night. We’ll see!
Isn’t that a delicious, but EASY, meal plan? Easy is good. Particularly with a holiday coming up. Oh! Guess what else? I have a great dessert coming soon! It might be a good July 4th dessert (hint, hint). Here is a sneak peak……
That! Is raspberry filling meets sugar cookie. Oh yes! Coming soon…..
Happy menu planning!!