We make this smoothie all. the. time. It’s a non-guilt inducing way to get a little chocolate pick-me-up! This is easily my kids’ favorite smoothie. They love fruit smoothies too, they are even green smoothie fans. But given the choice, this smoothie is the favorite! The ingredient line-up not could be simpler. Banana (frozen or very cold), ice, almond milk (but use whatever milk you like!) cocoa, and a pinch of stevia. That’s all you need for smoothie nirvana. But I’ve also been adding a secret ingredient to my smoothies lately!
Gelatin! Gelatin is super healthy for you so I’ve been looking at ways to incorporate more into our diets. It is perfect in this smoothie. The gelatin is tasteless but it adds a nice silkiness to the smoothie that is great! I’d highly recommend it. I buy my gelatin from Azure Standard. Amazon carries it as well and you may have luck if you have a natural foods store nearby. For more great info on gelatin check out this post by Wellness Mama!
Now don’t wait any longer! Rustle up some gelatin and get to makin’ smoothies! Starting with this scrumptious one right here:-)
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 very cold banana (I like to keep a couple in the fridge for just such an occasion, frozen banana chunks are good too!)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- ⅛ teaspoon stevia (optional, but we have a sweet tooth around here)
- 1 tablespoon gelatin (also optional, but DO IT)
- *we also throw in a spoonful of almond butter, or Sunbutter from time to time*
- Throw everything in your mixer and blend, blend, blend!