I am so excited! The launch of Milo and Oats has been a long time coming. It’s been about 7 years in the making actually…even though I didn’t know it at the time! Ever since I realized my baby boy had food allergies. Now I have three boys with food allergies, but more on that later. For now, I’m excited to start sharing some easy and family-friendly gluten-free recipes with you.
My hope is that if you are new to gluten-free recipes you’ll be able to breathe a sigh of relief here. All of these recipes are for you! I want them to be approachable and, more importantly, delicious! I will be sharing my favorite homemade gluten-free blend with you soon, but for these bars you may use any store-bought gluten-free blend. One of my favorites is Namaste’s Perfect Flour Blend. I buy mine at Costco. These bars come together in minutes! So easy. I used fresh homemade strawberry jam for the filling, but you can use your favorite variety.
I hope you’ll love these delicious, summery bars!
- 1 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- ¾ cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup strawberry jam (or raspberry, blueberry...etc)
- Butter an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the gluten-free flour, rolled oats, light-brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Melt butter. Stir vanilla extract into melted butter then pour mixture over dry ingredients.
- Using a fork, stir well to evenly coat.
- Press ⅔ of the oat mixture evenly into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread jam over crust.
- Crumble the rest of the oat mixture over the jam.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and almost set. The bars will continue to set as they cool.
- Cool. Cut into bars. Enjoy!
What are your biggest concerns with gluten-free baking?