This salad dressing poured over an Asian chicken salad is one of my all-time favorite meals. In all honesty, my kids don’t share the same opinion. But that’s okay. This is MOM food. Frankly, I am usually perfectly happy cooking my families’ favorite dishes. Then, awhile back I realized that I had not eaten any of my favorite foods in a long time.
So I decided to make a meal every once in awhile that is just for me. Oh, they eat some of it of course. It usually involves everyone picking their favorite salad dressing and toppings. But this Asian Salad Dressing is all mine!
Before we get to this super simple to make salad dressing, let me tell you what I like to have underneath it:-)
- Salad greens (pick your fave)
- Grilled chicken
- Red and orange peppers
- Red onions
- Green onions
- Mandarin oranges (yum, my favorite part!)
- Slivered almonds
- Wonton strips (if you can have gluten)
Doesn’t that sound amazing? And we are not even to the dressing yet! The dressing is what makes the whole thing! Sweet, tangy, nutty and just plain delicious.
Yum! This dressing is really so easy to put together and it makes this salad unbelievably good. You likely have all of the ingredients in your pantry already! Let’s make Asian Salad Dressing…
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup almond butter (or your favorite nut butter)
- 4 teaspoons garlic (jarred, or 4 cloves)
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup soy sauce (or tamari)
- ¼ cup water
- In a microwave safe bowl heat honey and almond butter at 30 second intervals, stirring until combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk well.
- Refrigerate in a sealed container.*
Still craving Asian flavors? This Asian Noodle Veggie Salad is also to die for!
A little chocolate never hurt anybody either!