Hey! I’m Becky. Welcome to Milo & Oats. I am so thrilled that you stopped by! Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about Milo & Oats or if you just want to say “Hey!”.
Here is what you’ll find at Milo & Oats
- gluten-free allergy-friendly recipes…that still taste good.
- more delicious recipes – – have I mentioned that I like food?
- parenting tips – for you and me both, baby, because I so don’t have this thing figured out either.
- homeschooling tips, curriculum reviews, homeschool organization, kids activities.
Want to know a little bit more about the girl behind the blog? Here are a few random facts about yours truly:
- I have been married for 11 years and it is an adventure that I would not trade for anything!
- I love Jesus.
- My grandma owned and ran an ice cream parlor when I was a kid. Best thing ever!!
- I’m an expert at chocolate-dipping waffle cones. See above.
- I have the five most amazing kids on the earth (except for yours, of course). I love them so much I think I may explode.
- My five amazing kids are also one of the hardest things that I’ve ever done. But that’s ok. See aforementioned love explosion.
- My favorite drink is chocolate milk. Now I’m embarassed.
- I’ve learned to love chocolate almond milk thanks to spending a good chunk of the last several years nursing dairy-allergic babies.
- I showed horses growing up.
- I met my husband working at a bible camp.
- I homeschool my five children.
- I am a homeschool curriculum junkie. It borders on hoarding, really.
- Book hoarding aside, I am a ruthless purger. I am constantly throwing things away or taking them to Goodwill.
- I love Chinese food….and Italian….and Mexican. I think I just love food.
- My 3 boys have multiple food allergies. Which makes life more of an adventure than it already would have been.
- Last Christmas I slipped on my daughter’s tutu and ended up with a nasty concussion.
- 3 days later my son had his first major food reaction (think anaphylactic). It was a busy week! (p.s. if you have a peanut allergy, do not eat anything with lupin flour!!)
- I love to read, cook, organize, and clean (scratch that, I love having a clean house but don’t really love the process.).
- I love to blog. No, I mean I REALLY love to blog. I’m kind of a nerd.
- My husband is my best friend.