Today is my last day on the 21-Day Fix! I am so proud of myself for taking on this challenge and completing it! I knew that having a short goal would be a huge benefit to me and it was. The brief time frame made it much easier to stay the course. I mentioned before that I don’t have lots of weight to lose, just a little that has crept on over the last 6 months. Normally, my weight does not fluctuate that much so I’m not sure exactly what happened, but I wasn’t content to let the scale continue to creep up! The last few months I’d been trying to “be careful” with what I was eating. However, it just wasn’t budging the scale so I decided to get more serious!
Enter: the 21-Day Fix. I was intrigued by this program. At first it seemed a little gimmicky. I don’t like gimmicky. But the more I looked into it, the more I realized that this is a healthy program! It is similar to how I normally eat, but better. For the last 3 weeks I have been practicing portion control and eating lots of real, healthy whole foods. Veggies, lean meat, healthy fats, fruit, and a limited amount of healthy grains.
There have been a few times when I have wanted to cave and eat half a pizza. But, for the most part, the food has been delicious. Let’s see if I can boil this down into a good, old-fashioned pro and con list!
The 21-Day Fix Pro and Con List:
- This is not just a diet! It’s a way to form new eating habits. For me, I learned that I was not eating enough veggies! I’ve even learned to love salads more than ever.
- This program is also great at encouraging proper portions. We live in a super-sized nation! It was good to eat smaller portions and realize that I was still satisfied.
- It works! I lost 6 pounds! I was only able to work-out during about half of those 3 weeks because of a knee strain. Even so, I still lost weight. Eating right is so important!
- It does take a couple of days to get the hang of all the measuring, and to figure out exactly what to eat. However, I really jumped on the program spur-of-the-moment, so it took me a few days to get up to speed.
- I really can’t think of any other cons other than having to cut back on dessert;-) But I guess that is the point!
Tips – – – – – – – – – – – ->
I would love to share a few resources that were tremendously helpful to me. As I mentioned before, I did not purchase the 21-Day Fix program. I would like to at some point, I have heard the included workouts are great! However, I’d already been doing Bikini Body Mommyworkouts, which I love. I also was not sure how I would like the program and was hesitant to invest in it before I knew.
Here is how I made it work for me:
Beach Ready Now was a great source of information!
- I was able to find out what the 21-Day Fix Container Sizes were. This was important since I didn’t buy the containers!
- I used the 21-Day Fix Food Cards everyday! I printed them out and kept them on a clipboard, though I love how Kim has them laminated and on a ring. I fully intend to do that as well!
- Lastly, these tally sheets are so important! They made tracking my food daily a breeze!
There you have it! A glowing review of the 21-Day Fix. Where do I go from here? Well, after I bake something (!), I plan to continue on with my newly formed habits. I am excited to have the learning experience of the last few weeks under my belt. I know I will be implementing the 21-Day Fix again! I’ve even thought about continuing on with a “week on”, “week off” sort of pattern.
You may also like: